Good morning, friends! It’s Super Bowl Sunday & I’ve had an exciting day so far. Earlier today there was a cute dog running through our backyard. I recognized him from a few houses down so I borrowed my dog’s leash and put it on him. Then I walked him back down to his house and his owners were very happy that he was back, safe and sound. He wasn’t wearing any tags, just a harness, so he was lucky that I recognized him.
Normally I don’t like to go near lost animals because a lot of times they are scared and I don’t want to be the reason that they run even farther away from their homes, but it’s been so freaking cold out lately that I wanted to make sure he didn’t freeze. I know that if my pup Hazel ran away, I would hope that whoever found her would make sure she didn’t freeze and help her find her way home.
This all reminds me of that movie that came out recently, A Dog’s Way Home. I can’t go see it because I cried during the trailer. Haha. I know it will destroy me if I watch the full movie.
So let’s get on with the update!
- I am moving this month! My settlement is on February 22nd and then I will be moving into my new house. To be honest, the part I am most excited about is having a designated home office. Haha. I’m also really excited to decorate.
- I’m going to try a month of Nutrisystem to see how I do. I’ve gained quite a few lbs in the past year or so and I would say the main reason is binge eating (during times of stress, loneliness, and exhaustion). I found a coupon in this local coupon book and so I’m going to give it a try and reevaluate after 4 weeks to see how I feel!
- I published Alicia (Westwood High Book 1) in January. I’m really excited to finally have time to dedicate to this series. These characters have been in my mind for a couple of years and I’m excited to finally get their stories down on paper.
- My writing project that I will focus on for February is Vanessa (Westwood High Book 2).
- I am back to tracking my daily word count goals in a spreadsheet in Google Drive. I’m hoping that this will help keep me accountable for writing every day, because the only way I will achieve my dream of being a full time author is by dedicating time every day to working on my business.
- I will be sharing my February word counts in a blog post at the end of the month. I hope that being honest about my progress on my blog will help inspire me (& maybe even inspire others).
That’s all for now. I’m hope that if you’re somewhere cold (like I am) you’re doing your best to stay warm. And if you already live somewhere warm? Well… I am incredibly jealous. Stop bragging.
Just kidding. Haha.